17 November 2022
On 17 November 2022, Fondazione Giannino Bassetti, Region Lombardy and Finlombarda will host their final regional event to showcase the outcomes of the Lombardy regional cluster of the TRANSFORM project. The meeting will be an opportunity to present TRANSFORM’s journey in Lombardy and its contribution to regional Research and Innovation policies, but also to talk more broadly about the role of citizens in policy making on issues such as data-driven innovation and the fair energy transition for all.
Do you want to know more? Do not hesitate to register.
ABOUT THE EVENT
The event will then focus on TRANSFORM activities in Lombardy and the issues addressed in the citizen engagement journey. In addition to in-person participation, the meeting will be broadcast online on the Open Innovation website.
- Welcome by Fabrizio Sala, Vice-President and Councilor for Education, University, Research, Innovation and Simplification of Lombardy Region
- Introduction to the day’s theme by Piero Bassetti, president of Fondazione Giannino Bassetti
- Overview of the TRANSFORM project by Angela Simone, TRANSFORM coordinator, Fondazione Giannino Bassetti
- Region’s perspective on the importance of integrating the voices of citizens in regional research and innovation policies by Elisabetta Confalonieri, Directorate General for Education, Universities, Research, Innovation and Simplification
Participatory research agenda setting
- Defining the regional strategic research and innovation agenda in a participatory way: the first set of participatory activities focused on the theme of the just energy transition by Anna Pellizzone, project manager, Fondazione Giannino Bassetti
- How to integrate citizens’ ideas and needs into regional strategies: Lombardy’s Three-Year Strategic Program for Research, Innovation and Technology Transfer by Silvia Corbetta, Finlombarda
- Key note speech: “Just Ecological Transition for All. The role of citizens and society” by Enrico Giovannini, Professor at the University of Rome “Tor Vergata”
TRANSFORM Citizen Jury
- Results of the TRANSFORM Citizens Jury dedicated to responsible smart mobility by Anna Pellizzone, Fondazione Giannino Bassetti
- Integration of citizens’ recommendations into smart mobility policies in the Lombardy Region by Matteo Pozzetti, Directorate General for Education, Universities, Research, Innovation and Simplification, Lombardy Region
- Key note: Role that citizens can play – reflection on accountability issues related to data-driven services, including aspects of privacy and data protection (some of the elements considered most important by TRANSFORM’s Citizens’ Jury participants) by Guido Scorza, a member of the Garante per la Protezione dei Dati Personali
Discussion and closing remarks
- TRANSFORM results and citizen participation in Research and Innovation decision-making by Agnes Allansdottir, University of Siena, a scholar of the relationship between science and society and an expert in methodologies for consulting citizens and monitoring public opinion on the impact of technologies and technosciences, chosen by the Region as one of the ten components of the Regional Forum for Innovation and Scientific Research 2018-2021
- Closing remarks by Angela Simone, TRANSFORM coordinator, Fondazione Giannino Bassetti